Smoking Cessation Program
Smokers face immense pressure between their nicotine addiction and their desire to quit. In 2017, it was estimated that 4.6 million Canadians are smoking tobacco. For Calgary, it was estimated that 14.7% of the population is a daily smoker!
While many people think it is ok to smoke, smoking is not safe!
Seventy carcinogenic substances are present in tobacco smoke. They are related to risks, including lung cancer, cardiac, gum bleeding, pre-malignant mouth lesions, lip and mouth cancer, sudden infant death syndrome, asthma, and many other conditions.
Ogden Pharmacy provides a smoking cessation program based on several items:
- Patient Assessment
- Nonpharmacological Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Discussing Smoking Alternatives such as clove and herbal cigarettes
- Pharmacological Therapy includes:
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy
- Non-nicotine Pharmacotherapy
- Combining different therapies
Please call us at 587-391-9878, use the Facebook Messenger Chatbot (the bottom right of this page), or use our WhatsApp Chat (the down left of this page) to arrange a smoke cessation session or discuss it on the fly with our pharmacist